Find out about REPs registered courses and how to earn CPD credits

Job Details

Back to Search Results

Group Exercise Instuctor for the Eldery

Work Type: Contract / Temporary Categories: Group Exercise Instructor, Personal Trainer
Location: Auckland Company: Cerebellum

Group Exercise Instuctor for the Eldery

Are you passionate about helping our oldest and wisest humans to build better balance, strength, coordination and a longer health span?
We are looking for qualified Personal Trainers/Group fitness instructors in your region to run a fully ACC accredited Group training program designed for the Elderly.

This program is designed and developed to help reduce the risk of falls and injuries whilst improving elderly residentÂ’s coordination, strength and balance.
You will be working with independent residents (capable of looking after themselves) in a group class manner teaching both choreographed tracks and non choreographed tracks (think circuit style training) for one hour (set up to finish).

The program is engaging, playful, skill based and elderly friendly. These classes are specifically designed for these retirement villages and will not be taught anywhere else!

Further info
  • All training for the classes is provided is provided ) via videos and notes online.
  • Two classes are taught at each village per week
  • Payment is as a contractor of between $55-$60 per class increasing based on the length of the commitment.
  • The classes are made up of 80% circuit style and 20% choreographed (to music)
  • The roles begin July/August 2020 and extends to at least December 2020
WhatÂ’s required
  • You will be required to have your own transport
  • A basic level of movement/coordination skill to teach choreographed tracks and throw, bounce and catch balls
  • You must be REPs (Registered Exercise Professional) registered.
  • Working with elderly populations is a big plus.

Contact Details

If you are interested or know someone who may be, email or message Dan on 0273281128 for more information.

Only people with the right to work in New Zealand may apply for this position.
For advice on obtaining a New Zealand work or residence visas please visit the New Zealand Immigration Service.